Quotes that Make you think

"The purpose of sociology [psychology or anthropology - really, any social science] is to enable the individual to see the everyday - the ordinary and mundane details of life - in a new way; to challenge, as it were, the perceived notions we hold of the world and the institutions and peoples that inhabit it."

- Peter Berger, Sociologist


Common sense is what tells us the Earth is flat and the Sun goes around it. - Anon.


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Poverty in Canada

I was very shocked by hearing that poverty in Canada is increasing. It makes me think how and why this is happening. It also makes me feel thank ful of what I have. But it makes me think if I can do anything to help prevent this to increase even more.

1 comment:

  1. As we progress in the course, this might be a good area to study further...

    ReplyDelete